We take an active role in developing and promoting creative businesses in Dorset (including Bournemouth and Poole) to showcase the area as a vibrant and creative place to live and work
Creative Dorset is an initiative of Dorset Arts Together which is a consortium of arts and cultural organisations working in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole.
We aim to:
- Support strong networks which draw on membership across the creative and cultural sectors.
- Open up potential markets for the creative sector both within the area and beyond.
- Provide information on funding and support services.
- Work with others to nurture and sustain local creative talent and help the Dorset LEP to attract new creative talent to the area.
- Promote the creative sector in Dorset and the work of the LEP and Creative Dorset.
- Provide a platform for the sector to profile achievements.
The creative industries is a key sector for the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership. It’s recognised that there is scope to grow the sector, and research analysis gives a clearer picture of the value of the sector and the pattern of employment. The Creative Industries Sector Board is a partnership of organisations from Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole, and we purchased data from the Office of National Statistics; the analysis of this data is presented in two reports one on value and one on employment